B. The range of health and safety legislations applicable to the housekeeping department in a hotel.
The housekeeping department of a hotel is responsible for taking care of cleanliness as well as requirements of guests (Jones, 2008). Different guests needs different type of assistance from the hotel staff and the housekeeping department is responsible for providing the same. For Instance, travellers needs information related to attractive locations, though business people requires facilities of conference rooms and projectors for meeting based on videos etc.(Gray. and Liguori, 2013). All such information and its availability is provided by the housekeeping personnel.
The health and safety of customers is prime motive undertaken by management at hotels and restaurants so as to build an image and help customers feel comfortable (Murray and et.al., 2012). The health and safety measures needs to be undertaken by the housekeeping department which helps provide an atmosphere of germ free and healthy.
- Offering the best assignment writing help
- Delivering the orders as fast as possible
- Providing maximum satisfaction at affordable rates
These people are responsible for providing quality services in form of proper beds, linen, bathroom amenities, in-room meals etc. (Tewari, 2009) Regardless of their role in the operation, all employees must do their part to ensure that each guest’s needs, preferences, and expectations are met and satisfied.
The housekeeping is crucial for any hotel business and reports directly to the director and manages the team in a proper way so as to make guests feel comfortable (Vallen and Vallen, 2009). The housekeeping department personnel is responsible for executing operational tasks and meeting quality standards when it comes to a five star hotel housekeeping management.
Reporting to the housekeeping supervisor, room attendants complete the day-to-day task of cleaning rooms based on standard operating procedures and respond to guest requests. Reporting to the housekeeping supervisor, house persons clean public areas including hallways, the lobby, and public restrooms, and deliver laundry and linens to guest rooms (Kasavana and Brooks, 2018).
The health and safety is a prime need which is taken care by the staff of housekeeping. It is one of the tricky task performed at a hotel and involves making beds, changing linen from time to time, checking and controlling the pests, working and operating hazardous products etc. (Baum and Odgers, 2017) Thus it is important to train housekeeping staff so as to operate hazardous materials. Every cleaning object should be at a particular place away from visitors room and lobby area. Caution sign boards should be kept at wet floors and quick cleaning should be encompass (Baker, Bradley and Huyton, 2015).
The housekeeping staff is responsible for taking care of guests health and safety as well as their own while changing room and bath linen which might contain harmful bacteria and germs (Ansah, Blankson and Kontoh, 2012). Many new techniques and equipments are used by housekeeping staff to clean specific areas of rooms so as to maintain health and hygiene (Sengupta and Bansal, 2012). The management of hotel is responsible for adopting new technology for cleaning rooms so as to reduce time and cost involved.
The essay shows the importance of housekeeping staff at a hotel which maintains health and safety features of visitors and guests coming to hotel. They also helps them by providing useful information to travellers and facilities to business people according to its availability. https://www.instantassignmenthelp.com.au/
If your dream is to get top grades, get a rewarding assignment service from us.Brilliant Assignment Services
Toll Free: +61 879 057 email@example.com
- Ansah, A. K., Blankson, V. S. and Kontoh, M., 2012. The use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in front office operations of chain hotels in Ghana. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. 3(3). pp.72-77.
- Baker, S., Bradley, P. and Huyton, J., 2015. Principles of hotel front office operations. Cengage Learning EMEA.
- Baum, T. and Odgers, P., 2017. Benchmarking best practice in hotel front office: the Western European experience. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism. 2(3-4). pp.93-109.
- Gray, W. S. and Liguori, S. C., 2013. Hotel and motel management and operations. Prentice Hall.
- Jones, T. J., 2008. Professional management of housekeeping operations. John Wiley & Sons.
- Kasavana, M. L. and Brooks, R. M., 2018. Managing front office operations. Educational Institute of American Hotel & Motel Association.Hold the front desk. 2011
- Murray, S. A. and et.al., 2012. Illness trajectories and palliative care. IntPerspect Public HealthPalliat Care. 30. pp.2017-19.
- Sengupta, V. and Bansal, A., 2012. An empirical study on use of ICT in front office operation as a tool to improve service quality and increased revenue generation. Arth Prabhand: A Journal of Economics and Management. 1(1). pp.1-18.
- Tewari, J. R., 2009. Hotel front office: operations and management. Oxford University Press.
- Vallen, G. K. and Vallen, J. J., 2009. Check-in check-out: Managing hotel operations.