Management is a kind of process that is used by the organization so that they can achieve their goals. It is the responsibility of manager to utilize all resources such as man, machinery etc. in order to manage the business operations. Through an effective management, the overall performance and productivity of enterprise can be increased (Bloom and Van Reenen, 2012). The manager has to perform such activities in an efficient manner so that the level of satisfaction can be increased among all employees. Along with this, he has to perform some of management functions such as planning, organizing, staffing and controlling so that pre specified objectives can be accomplished. Manager has to manage all the resources of the company so that overall performance can be improved. Present report is based on the case study of The Imperial hotel which is carrying out its operations in London. The hotel industry is facing problem at their workplace that is related to human resource management and due to this the satisfaction level of workers have decreased. Through this, they will not be able to provide quality services to their customers and their profitability will be affected. Below mentioned report is based on the management that explains issues which are witnessed by the enterprises at their workplace. Along with this, it also focuses on processes and procedures that are used by the manager of hotel industry so that problems can be resolved.
- Offering the best assignment writing help
- Delivering the orders as fast as possible
- Providing maximum satisfaction at affordable rates
Interpret the data from the workshop as well as secondary research and management theory
All managers of the organization have to use an effective management approach so that their overall objectives can be achieved (Renwick, Redman and Maguire, 2013). According to the case study of Imperial Hotel, thefirm will not be able to improve their growth due to some issues that are faced by the management. The manager can gather information about their performance from the workshops which are conducted by the top executives in the business environment. Along with this, they can also get that data from secondary sources such as published research papers and internet. Through this, they will know about their weaknesses and the issues which are witnessed by the customers who are using their services. The problem that is identified by general manager of hotel industry is the poor guest satisfaction. Through this, they will not be able to increase their profits and growth will also be affected. The manager has to use an effective management theory so that the problem can be resolved in an efficient manner.
Management theories are adopted by the manager so that overall productivity and performance of the hotel industry can be improved. They can use number of theories that are based on different purposes and goals of the enterprise. Along with this, they are responsible to motivate their workforce so that customers will get the quality services. In order to improve their performance, managers of The Imperial Hotel can use human relation management system theory (Wright and McMahan, 2011). This is based on individuals who are working in the enterprise and their core competencies so that their satisfaction level can be increased. If this gets enhanced then their overall productivity can be increased and the hotel industry will be able to sustain their competitive advantage in the market as compare to other market players. In order to manage all human resources, thehotel industry should add this human resource department at their workplace. The HR manager should create a positive work environment so thatall workers will feel comfortable while doing their work. All people should be treated like a function of the firm rather than a worker so management should take care of their human resources. Along with the human relation approach, manager can also use scientific management theory which focuses on the productivity and efficiency (Buller and McEvoy, 2012). In this, the superior uses concept of science and apply on the workers so that their productivity can be increased. Further, they train their employees on the basis of their skills so that all existing workers can update their core competencies and new staff members will be able to know about thework that they have to do in thehotel.
Describe and present your results for effective management of the problem
The manager of Imperial Hotel can use an effective management in their business organization so that all problems get resolved and they will be able to achieve their objectives. The problem which is identified by the manager is poor guest satisfaction within the working environment (Runge, 2011). People who are using services of particular hotel are not satisfied with the staff members and their services. Along with this, they are not satisfied with the room facilities and they have to wait at the reception for their booking. So, it is the responsibility of manager to manage all operations which are performed by the organization then only they can retain their existing customers and attract new consumers. The manager can use procedure so that workforce will be able to offer luxury services to their guest. Some of the steps involved in this process are as follows:
Analyse the problem:In the first step, the manager has to identify the problems that are faced by their customers so that these issues can be resolved in an efficient manner. In order to identify the demands of the customers, the manager can conduct a survey in the market. After getting all facts and figures, he has to make strategy as per the expectations of their consumers.
Customer’s satisfaction:All staff members of the organization should know about needs of their consumers and offer services to them as per their expectations (Tipton and Nozaki, 2012). Along with this, service providers should listen to their consumers so that they feel satisfied towards the services of hotel industry.
Strategies:In order to provide the quality services to their guest, the manager has to conduct training and development programs at their workplace so that all staff members will be able to enhance their core competencies (Kehoe and Wright, 2013).If they will be trained then customers will be able to get the quality services and that will lead towards the higher satisfaction. All employees will be able to know about the needs of the people and they can deal with them in an efficient manner.
Feedback:The manager can also take the reviews from their customers about the services of Imperial Hotel. On the basis of their feedback, the employees should change their strategies and offer them quality goods so that they can fulfil their needs (Nekvapil and Sherman, 201). Along with this, the manager should also provide the reviews to their workers so that they can improve their performance and perform well so that overall objectives can be achieved. Further, the hotel industry should use negative reviews for their advantage and through this they will be able to sustain their competitiveness at the marketplace.
Through this approach the overall satisfaction among all the guest can be increased. The manager can convert their regular customers into the loyal consumers and they will be able to generate more revenues. Along with this, he can use some more approaches in order to increase the satisfaction among all the customers. Some of these are:
- Improve the online services:Imperial hotel should use the modern technological advancements such as social networking sites, online websites, email etc. in order to increase the satisfaction among all the users at global level. The hotel should provide an option to the people that they can book their room on their organizations website.
- Guest satisfaction survey: The industry can conduct a survey in the market in order to identify the satisfaction level of the people who are consuming the services of Imperial hotel. The manager can ask for the demands of their service users in that survey (Gruman and Saks, 2011).
- Respect: It is the responsibility of staff members to give some respect to their customers because by giving some respect their level of satisfaction can be increased. Along with this, the manager should treat their service users as their boss so that they can fulfil their demands.
Getting Top Grades is No Longer a Dream for You.
So, through these the overall satisfaction among the service users can be improved in an effective manner and they will be able to increase their profits (Haddow, Bullock and Coppola, 2013). Along with this, the manager can manage all their activities so that human resources can be retained at the workplace.
Justification of key proposals for the resolution of the problem in the organisation
The manager of Imperial hotel suggest some of the strategies to the organization so that their problems get resolved in an efficient manner. These solutions are important for the industry as they will be able to accomplish their targets in timely manner. Some of the solutions that are proposed by the general manager are feedback, online services, respect, training and development. Through these strategies the problems that are faced by the hotel industry are get resolved and due to this the overall satisfaction among guest can be improved.
Training and development programs are conducted at the workplace than through this all staff members will be able to enhance their core competencies (Albert and Beatty, 2014). If all workers are get trained then they will be able to offer quality services to their customers and due to this their sales are also get increased. Through the skilled labour, the hotel industry can generate more profits and revenues. Along with this they can retain their loyal customers towards their services.
Feedback is an important technique that is used by the manager of Imperial hotel. The organization will be able to know about the reviews of their customers so that overall performance can be improved in an efficient manner. Through this approach, customers satisfaction level can be increased and the hotel industry will be able to build a strong base of their consumers. Further, they can sustain their competitive advantage in the market than any other competitors.
Imperial hotel can offer their services through the online media in order to increase the satisfaction among all the guest (Frederickson and Ghere, 2013). Apart from this, organization can promote their services through social networking sites in order to create a strong base of customers. Through this strategy, the hotel industry will be able to attract new customers from all over the world.
Another strategy that is used by the hotel industry is to give respect to their customers so that they feel satisfied towards the services of the firm. So, it is the responsibility of the workers to give respect to their service users so that they feel free to ask any query from their employees (Campbell, Coff and Kryscynski, 2012). Through this their satisfaction level can be enhanced and the firm will be able to accomplish their goals. Through this, the hotel industry can convert the regular consumers into the loyal customers.
From the above mentioned report it has been concluded that management is an essential unit of the business organization. It is the responsibility of the manager to manage all the activities that are performed by the enterprise. Through this, the firm will be able to accomplish their objectives and they can sustain their competitive advantage in the market. According to the case study, the manager identify the issues that are faced by them in the country. The issue is related to the customer satisfaction due to the poor staff service and management of the hotel industry. The manager can conduct the survey in the market in order to gather the data about the need of the customers. He can use some of the approaches such as training, development, feedback, online services and so on. Through these approaches, the hotel industry will be able to attract number of consumers towards their services and along with this they can retain number of service users. All staff members of Imperial hotel can enhance their skills and they will be able to offer quality services to their customers. Through this, the industry can generate more revenues and they will be able to manage their human resources.
You may also like to read:
Books and Journal
- Frederickson, H.G. and Ghere, R.K., 2013. Ethics in public management. ME Sharpe.
- Albert, M. and Beatty, B.J., 2014. Flipping the classroom applications to curriculum redesign for an introduction to management course: Impact on grades. Journal of Education for Business. 89(8). pp.419-424.
- Haddow, G., Bullock, J. and Coppola, D.P., 2013. Introduction to emergency management.Buttem orth -H cinema nn.
- Nekvapil, J. and Sherman, T., 2015. An introduction: Language management theory in language policy and planning. International Journal of the Sociology of Language. 2015 (232). pp.1-12.
- Tipton, H.F. and Nozraki, M.K., 2012. Information Security Management Handbook, Volume 6. Auerbach Publications.
- Runge, M.C., 2011. An introduction to adaptive management for threatened and endangered
- species. Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management. 2(2). pp.220-233.
- Wright, P.M. and McMahan, G.C., 2011. Exploring human capital: putting rhurnan'back into
- strategic human resource management. Human resource management journal. 21 (2). pp.93-104.
- Buller, P.F. and McEvoy, G.M., 2012. Strategy, human resource management and performance: Sharpening line of sight. Human resource management review. 22(1). pp.43-56. Renwick, D.W., Redman, T. and Maguire, S., 2013. Green human resource management: A review and research agenda. International Journal of Management Reviews. 15(1). pp.1-14.
- Bloom, N. and Van Reenen, J., 2011. Human resource management and productivity. Handboo of labor economics. 4. pp.1697-1767.
- Kehoe, R.R. and Wright, P.M., 2013. The impact of high-performance human resource practices on employees' attitudes and behaviors. Journal of management. 39(2). pp.366-391. Grurnan, J.A. and Saks, A.M., 2011. Performance management and employee engagement. Human Resource Management Review. 21(2). pp.123-136.
- Campbell, B.A., Coff, R. and Kryscynski, D., 2012. Rethinking sustained competitive advantage from human capital. Academy of Management Review. 37(3). pp.376-395.