Air Travel Market To/From Middle East And Qatar
Middle East is the new hub for global air travel market. In the present area, the aviation sector of Middle East has claimed the strongest passenger growth in all over the world. As per the data revealed by the global aviation industry body, it is evaluated that Traffic for Middle East carriers jumped 11.7 per cent in November as compared to previous years. As per the the investigation of International Air Transport Association (Iata), it is examined that the Middle East will continue to be one of the fastest growing regions in terms of passenger traffic that is expanding 4.6% per year on average to 2034 (Competition and Cooperation for Stronger Middle East Aviation, 2015. The growth of middle east aviation is mainly resulted due to tremendous investment in people, infrastructure and aircraft that has played important role in order to transform the air connectivity, particularly in the Gulf.
- Offering the best assignment writing help
- Delivering the orders as fast as possible
- Providing maximum satisfaction at affordable rates
In the context, the management Qatar airways makes effort to assess this growth towards company's benefits. Qatar Airways is identified as one of leading aviation company which is expanding its network with an average of 30% yearly growth. Business entity is operating one of the most modern fleet of 158 aircraft that are offering air connectivity with key business and leisure destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America. Since the airline’s relaunch in 1997, Qatar Airways has gained several awards and accolades (Qatar Airways about us, 2015). Furthermore, it becomes one of an elite group of airlines in all over the world that have been awarded a 5-Star rating by Skytrax. In this process, company has managed a workforce of 20,000 employees.
Airlines operate between the new destination (Mexico) and the Middle East (Qatar)
The airlines that operates between Mexico and Qatar are Emirates (Boeing 777X) and Areomexico. Recently, Qatar and Mexico City signed the negotiable petition regarding Emirate. The two countries inked an air service agreement to establish flights between Doha (Qatar) and Mexico City (Doole and Lowe, 2008). Aeromexico is one of the best services flight and is best known for its trust worthy passengers in Mexico.
Apart from that it is analyzed the increase in trade among middle east counties with rest of the world has encouraged the management of Qatar airways to offer different services such as business class to business men. Therefore, management has scheduled services as per the requirement of business clients of Mexico. In order to attract business man, company is offering wide range of services in which customers who are flying in First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge during unavailability of the first Class lounge (Qatar Airways about us, 2015). To attract business man of Mexico, Qatar airways is also offering the services associated with Admiral Club in which business man can assess extra services that includes Wi-Fi, House wine, beer and spirits, personal use computers with Internet access, Cyber-cafes, work areas with access to copiers and printers and personal travel assistance for reservations.
Who are the main competitors for Qatar airways on the new route Mexico?
The competitor of Qatar airways are Emirates, Aeromexico, Etihad, and Qatar (Hassan and Craft, 2012). In this process, management determines various services to manage market competition.
Marketing objectives of Qatar Airways for Mexico
The objectives are:
- To expand business of airways in the new market like Mexico. By coming up with new network routes.
- To increase the sales of company
- To attract new consumers towards the services of Qatar Airways
- To enhance market share of organization
- To win loyalty of consumers
Recommendation for marketing strategies
For attainment of marketing objectives, the management of Qatar Airways needs to use of both traditional such as newspapers, TV ads etc and modern such as social media, online blogs etc. In addition to that company should consider pricing and quality norms as marketing tools.
Getting Top Grades is No Longer a Dream for You.
Assumptions to support marketing strategies
- Giving passenger good services
- Giving Satisfactory levels of organizational information to the shareholders
- Cost control
- Facilitation of some creative services
- Selecting and recruiting localized people of Mexico for Qatar Airways.
- Distribution of air-tickets with tour packages.
Target to achieve marketing goals
- Application of creative services
- Improvement in service quality
- Establishing regular conversation with consumers
- Establishment of call center for assessment of customer's complaints
Sales force help achieve these targets
By knowing the market for the sale can help in achieving the targets. The sale forces provide a quick and powerful summary indicator of overall sales performance against target. So this in turn helps Qatar Airways in knowing its customers and culture in Mexico and selects different kinds of marketing as per the interest of target consumers. These sale forces give managers a high quality, top-down view of projected income (Lin, Ma and Zhou, 2012). For instance: once per month, Qatar manager can meet with a small group of their staff on whom they trust to review what they are doing, where they are headed, what they will do in the next month, and get ideas for how they can achieve more. It also supports management by providing appropriate data associated with views of consumers services. Therefore, quality of services can be improved.
- Doole, I. and Lowe.R.,2008. International Marketing Strategy: Analysis, Development and Implementation. Cengage Learning EMEA.
- Ferrell, O.C. and Hartline, M., 2012. Marketing strategy, text and cases. Cengage Learning.
- Hassan, S.S. and Craft, S.,2012.Examining world market segmentation and brand positioning strategies. Marketing Intelligence and Planning.
- Johannessen,A.J. and Olsen, B.2009. Systemic knowledge processes, innovation and sustainable competitive advantages. Kybernetes.
- Kotler, P.,2008. Principles of Marketing. Pearson Education India.
- Lin, Y., Ma,S. and Zhou, L.2012. Manufacturing strategies for time based competitive advantages. Industrial Management and Data Systems.
- Lusch, R.F. and Vargo, S.L., 2014. The service-dominant logic of marketing: Dialog, debate, and directions. Routledge.
- Wright, L., 2014. Principles of service marketing and management.