This study will be based on marketing essentials. Marketing is related to promotion and selling of the product and services to customers. Marketing essentials is related to important tools and techniques which are required by the marketing manager in order to perform various marketing function. This study will include McDonald to explain about various tasks included in this assignment. McDonald is a fast food company operating in various countries and have its global presence all over the regions. It provides various food products such as hamburger, soft drinks, wraps, French fries etc. This assignment will explain about the concept of marketing and its various current and future trend. This study will explain about various roles and responsibilities of the marketing. This study will include about the marketing mix elements assist in achieving the objectives of firm. This assignment will also include about the marketing plan which will be develop by McDonald.
- Offering the best assignment writing help
- Delivering the orders as fast as possible
- Providing maximum satisfaction at affordable rates
1. Concept of marketing and Its current and Future trend
Marketing is a tool which is used by the marketing manager in order to provide customers with products details and various other things to sell product in market. Marketing helps organisation in sale of the product by using different promotional tools which helps firm in attracting customers towards brand. There are various promotional tools which are used by the marketing manager of McDonald in order to provide customers with product and services. These promotional tool consist of advertisement in magazines, newspaper , television etc (Pike, 2015). Marketing manager perform various research in order to identify various customers need so that organisation can design the product according to their needs and satisfy their demand. The current and future trend of marketing involves Social media marketing, retargeting Campaigns, text message advertisement, internet video advertisement and various future trends includes influencer marketing , customizes products, automation, chatbots etc. McDonald in order to increase their customer base understand various current and future trend in order to satisfy demand of the products.
2. Different marketing process
Marketing process consist of steps in order to identify customers needs and fulfil the demand. Marketing process involves steps which include:
- Situational analysis : Situational analysis assist the marketing manager in identifying various Opportunities which assist firm in satisfying needs of customers (Malhotra, 2015). Organisation in order to identify various needs of the customer must understand about various situations which may affect firm in satisfying their customers needs such as capabilities of organisation, and the environment in which it is operating.
- Marketing Strategy : Marketing strategy is used in order to grab opportunities which assist the firm in fulfilling demands of customers. Market research assist the firm in identifying various information relating to market. Marketing strategy involves Segmentation, targeting, positioning product in the target market etc.
- Marketing mix decision : Marketing mix decision assist the organisation in controlling different elements of marketing mix such as product development, pricing decision, distribution contracts, promotional campaign development etc (Hair And et.al., 2015).
- Implementation and control : This stage assist the firm in developing a plan and product is being launched. This stage helps in implementing a plan and control various changes which result in reduce in demand of the product.
3. Role and responsibilities of marketing manager of McDonald
Role and Responsibility of marketing manager
Marketing manager perform various functions in order to provide products and services to the customers.
- Market research : Marketing manager in order to understand about the various market situation and different demands of customers perform this function. Market research assist McDonald in providing customers with the products that will satisfy their wants. Market research also assist the marketing manager of McDonald in identifying various products which are produced by their competitors.
- Marketing Strategy : Marketing strategies are formulated by the marketing manager in order to plan about various tools which will be used to promote product of firm in order to increase sale and profitability of an organisation.
- Customer relationship management : Marketing manager in order to retain customers of organisation maintain customer relationship by identifying their taste and preference and offering them the best quality services to form a lasting relationship with them. Marketing manager of McDonald perform this function in order to build a strong relationship with their customers (Lane, 2015).
- Brand development : It is the duty of marketing manager to increase brand image of Brand image consists of company's Logo, tag line etc. which attract customers towards the brand . Marketing manager of McDonald in order to develop the brand image formulate various strategies such as using celebrity profile for brand development, using music in advertisement in television and radio etc.
4. Interrelationship between marketing and other functional department of McDonald
Relationship between marketing and Human resource management
Marketing and human resource department of the organisation are related to each other because Human resource manager provide various information to marketing department regarding training and development programs which assist marketing department to increase their efficiency of their employees by help of human resource department (Policy, 2016). Marketing and HR are interrelated as their main motive is to work for organisation and generate profit. Human resource management in order to attract people towards the organisation perform various functions of marketing such as promotion etc. which assist them in getting qualified employees for organisation. Marketing department of McDonald is related to the human resource department as they provide them workforce to promote products of