What is Persuasive Essay and How to Write It?
We understand it very well that how tough it becomes for scholars when they have to attend classes, sporting events, extra-curricular activities as well as complete the academic work. They barely get time to complete the essays assigned by their professors, thus they prefer to avail essay writing services from professional writers. Now a days, it has become a common thing for them to take online essay writing service. But according to a current research, it has been found that, time is not only the reason why they mess up the things when it comes to essay writing. Lack of abilities to write an essay is another major cause why scholars fail to accomplish essay writing task. Also Check Know about some myths of essay writing
That’s why we have arrived here to provide you the best tips for it, but before that you must know what is an essay and why it gets assigned? So, here it is.
What Is an Essay?
An essay is a type of academic paper which is often assigned to students. It is a short piece of writing which deals over a particular subject. While writing an essay, one has to present his ideas in a more logical way. Along with that it needs good writing skills, vocabulary, and clear understanding of the subject matter. That is why professor often assign it to scholars so that in order to accomplish it, they comprehend the concepts more clearly. However, on the basis of different parameters, there are different types of essays, such as:
- Persuasive Essay
- Narrative Essay
- Exploratory Essay
- Definition Essay
- Expository Essay
- Analytical Essay
- Compare and Contrast Essay
- Process Essay
- Argumentative Essay
- Critical Essay
Each of them hold a vital part in academic life, though persuasive essay troubles the students the most as it needs extensive research to compose very properly. So, to help students here we have provided 5 most valuable tips for writing it. A look at them will surely help you understand basic yet important things.
Tips for Writing a Persuasive Essay
Writing a persuasive essay means arguing over a case like a lawyer in front of jury members. Writer either takes a stand “for” or “against” the subject matter. It’s his job to convince the readers. So, here are the tips how he can do it more accurately.
1. Pre-Writing Part
Pre-writing part is the most important part of persuasive essay. In this section, you should decide every aspect related to it, such as:
Understand the Audience: In order to write a persuasive essay, understanding the readers’ perspective is must.
Do the Research: A persuasive essay needs strong evidence, that is why writers are required to do extensive research to gather relevant content.
2. Image Finding
When your professors ask you to write essays, try to make use of more and more images. It’s very crucial as it makes an additional impact on them. Though headlines are the most catchy part, images act as lure for readers. So, here are the tips which you should follow to choose the best relevant photos related to your essay.
- Make sure they are brighter and visually appealing.
- Try to choose specific photo related to your topic.
- Put your emotions aside.
- Dont forget to mention the link from where you have picked the picture.
3. Outlining Part
Once you’re done with the pre-writing part, it is the time to create an outline. Persuasive essay contains,
Introduction: In the introductory section, you should try to grab the readers’ attention. Initiate it by giving an overview of the whole argument. And, end it with a thesis statement.
Main Body: Try to focus only on a single evidence in a paragraph. Provide sufficient evidence for it.
Conclusion: Restate every argument very concisely.
4. Writing Part
When it comes to the writing part, keep a few suggestions in mind, such as:
- Open the introductory part with an unusual fact, question or quotation.
- The thesis statement should leave no confusion inside the readers’ mind.
- Consider various ways to present the arguments, like drawing comparisons or explaining with hypothetical situations.
- Define each term very briefly as well as give background information.
- The concluding paragraph should not contain any new argument. Moreover, it should be written in such a way which provokes the readers to think seriously about the topic.
5. Revising Part
After the completion of writing part, you should do the revision. To make it the best, keep the following considerations in mind:
- Is the essay presented in precise way?
- Does each paragraph proved every evidence correctly?
- Is the choice of words correct?
- Does the essay intrigues the reader?
- Does the concluding section urge the readers to think more?
Once you’re done with this part and still think that there is something missing, then go for the editing and proofreading.
6. Editing and Proofreading Part
Once you have spent hours in writing, breathe a sigh of relief and go for editing and proofreading part. It will help you make your paper flawless. But to do it more accurately, here are some tips.
- Check for capitalization rule and acronyms.
- Check for hyphens(-), En dashes(–), and Em dashes(—).
- Check for grammatical & spelling mistakes and misplaced punctuation.
- Check the headings and sub-headings.
- Check for the format and word count of the paper.
Okay, now you have got the most valuable tips for writing a persuasive essay. Hope you won’t find any difficulty when your professor asks you to write it. Just present your point of view with strong evidences in a proper manner.
You may also like to read:
To Make Your Work Original
Topic CreationUSD 3.87 FREE
OutlineUSD 9.33 FREE
Unlimited RevisionsUSD 20.67 FREE
Editing/ProofreadingUSD 28 FREE
FormattingUSD 8 FREE
BibliographyUSD 7.33 FREE
Get all these features for